Power generators cause CO poisonings in HV

Members of a Middle Hope family were treated Tuesday morning for carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a power generator, fire officials say. Assistant Middle Hope Fire Chief Michael Corizzo says the generator

News 12 Staff

May 22, 2014, 7:30 PM

Updated 3,661 days ago

Share:

Power generators cause CO poisonings in HV
Members of a Middle Hope family were treated Tuesday morning for carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a power generator, fire officials say.
Assistant Middle Hope Fire Chief Michael Corizzo says the generator was hooked up inside an attached garage, with only a small door open, causing all the fumes to fill the house.
The family and their dog managed to escape in time.
Last Saturday, a family in Campbell Hall also suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a power generator set up in their basement.
Fire officials urge people to hook up a power generator outdoors, allowing carbon monoxide to escape. They also say a professional should install it.


More from News 12