Suffern elementary school to remain on remote learning after fire

Students at a Rockland County school are staying home again today after a fire caused the power to go out.
Flames broke out in Lime Kiln Elementary in Suffern over the weekend.
A transformer outside the building failed, causing the electrical master board inside the school to short-circuit.
Firefighters say they found heavy smoke coming from the back of the building, as well as sparks coming from several electrical panels inside the boiler room.
School officials posted information on the school's website about the building closure Monday.
School officials say the switch to remote will continue until repairs are all complete and power is restored.