Toddler flown to the hospital after suffering accidental burns at home

A medevac helicopter transported an injured New Windsor toddler to the hospital Tuesday after the child suffered what appears to be accidental burns at home, according to police.
New Windsor police say the 16-month-old’s mother brought the child to an urgent care in Newburgh after the toddler pulled a cord to an electric steamer that was in use on the kitchen counter. They say medical staff alerted authorities and a medevac was called in.
Authorities say the incident happened at the Squire Village apartment complex and that the child suffered burns to the face and neck.
The incident appears to be an accident but remains under investigation, according to police.
The child’s condition is currently unknown.