Traveling for the holidays? Invite the police to housesit

If you are traveling for the holidays, consider this.
The Croton Police Department encourages you to sign up for its confidential dark house list.
Officers will go check on your property while you're away.
Just call 914-271-5177 to sign up.
If you don't live in Croton, check with your local police - they may offer a similar service.