What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's Baked Ziti Siciliano
Chef Vinny Olivieri, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make Baked Ziti Siciliano.
1 lb. ziti
2 qt. marinara sauce
1 cup pecorino cheese.
1qt. shredded mozzarella
2 cups fresh ricotta
4 slices fried eggplant cutlets (cubed)
1 tbs. parsley (chopped)
1. Place pasta in salted boiling water and cook to desired doneness.
2. Strain, cool and set aside.
3. In a large bowl add 1qt.of marinara, 1 cup of ricotta and a half cup of pecorino and gently mix all together.
4. Add the cooked pasta, 2 cups shredded mozzarella and half of the fried eggplant and gently fold all ingredients together.
5. Line the bottom of an oven safe casserole pan with 2 cups of marinara.
6. Add the contents of the bowl to the casserole pan.
7. Top with dollops of the ricotta, the rest of the eggplant and the shredded mozzarella.
8. Using the last of the marinara, add dollops evenly across the pan, sprinkle with pecorino and bake at 350 deg for 30 minutes.