What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's Italian stuffed meatball
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make Italian stuffed meatballs.
Ingredients for meatball mix:
2lb ground beef
3 tbs chopped garlic
1 cup pecorino romano
¾ cup Italian bread crumbs
2 tbs chopped parsley
2 tbs water
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl.
2. Mix all ingredients ensuring that all are incorporated well.
3. Divide meatball mix into five equal balls and set aside.
Ingredients for stuffing mix:
¼ cup shredded mozzarella
1 cup fresh ricotta
¼ cup prosciutto (small dice)
1 tsp chopped parsley
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix well until all are incorporated.
Ingredients for garnish:
½ cup marinara
5- ¼ inch slices of fresh mozzarella
1tbs chopped parsley
2 tbs pecorino romano
1. To stuff the meatballs, place one of the five balls in one hand. Using your thumb make a well in the center of the meatball.
2. Place two tablespoons of stuffing mix in the well of the meatball.
3. Gently roll the meatball closing the well as you roll.
4. Repeat this process until all meatballs are stuffed.
5. Place the five meatballs on a papered sheet pan and cook at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
6. Once cooked remove from oven and place one slice of fresh mozzarella on each meatball and cook for another five mins. Or until the cheese is melted.
7. Garnish with the Marinara sauce, Pecorino Romano and parsley.