What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's panettone bread pudding
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make panettone bread pudding.
1 (32 oz) Panettone (cut in 1-inch cubes)
1 cup sugar
3 ½ cups Heavy Cream
1 Tbs. Vanilla
½ Tsp. Nutmeg
¾ cup Butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 deg.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, heavy cream, vanilla, nutmeg, sugar and whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Add cubed panettone and toss until all the all the liquid is absorbed.
4. With the butter grease a shallow casserole pan.
5. Fill the greased casserole pan with the Panettone mixture and cook at 350 deg for 25 to 30 min.
6. Remove from the oven and sit for twenty minutes.
7. Top with icing (recipe below) and serve.
1 cup powdered sugar
4 tsp. milk
1. Mix powdered sugar and 4 tsp. of the milk until well blended.