What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's shrimp and torteloni salad
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make shrimp and torteloni salad.
1 lb Fresh Tortelloni
½ lb Shrimp (21-25 P&D Tail off)
1 cup Castelvetrano Olives (sliced)
1 cup Celery (half-moon, light bias)
¼ cup Red onion (minced)
2 tbs Capers (drained)
1 cup Italian Dressing
3 tbs Italian Parsley (chopped)
1. In a medium sized sauce pot bring 8 quarts of water to a boil.
2. Add Torteloni to the boiling water and cook for five to seven minutes or until aldente.
3. Once cooked to desired doneness, strain, cool and set aside.
4. In another pot bring 8 quarts of water to a boil.
5. Add shrimp and cook until all shrimp are pink and completely cooked though.
6. Once shrimp are cooked, strain, cool and set aside.
7. Combine all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl, reserving one tbs of parsley and toss until all are incorporated well.
8. Plate and garnish with the remaining tablespoon of parsley.