What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's stuffed chicken Florentine
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make stuffed chicken Florentine.
Stuffed Chicken Florentine
2 bone out chicken breasts with skin.
1 lb. sautéed spinach
2 tbs. finely minced onion
1 tbs. finely minced garlic
1 cup shredded asiago fresco
1 cup shredded Italian fontina
½ cup pecorino
½ cup mascarpone
1. Starting with the chicken breast skin side down, cut into the center of the left breast most of the way through to form a flap and fold to the side.
2. Make a cut in the right breast, cutting most of the way through forming a flap and fold to the side.
3. Repeat process for the other breast. And set aside.
4. In a bowl combine all other ingredients and mix until all are incorporated.
5. Divide the contents of the bowl into two equal portions.
6. Lay each chicken breast skin side down and open the flaps.
7. Place half the stuffing mix in center of each breast.
8. Fold one flap up and over the stuffing rolling the breast back up until the skin is on top and it resembles a whole breast.
9. Repeat process for the other breast.
10. Place both stuffed breasts in an oven safe casserole pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake at 350 deg for 45 mins. Or until the internal temp. reaches 165 deg.