Your Road Trip: Close to Home adventure guide for Sept. 28
We've got a bustling and booming Connecticut town with a small-town feel, the best pizza on Long Island ... and how about a roller boogie at Rockefeller Center! Join us once again for a tasty and fun Road Trip Close to Home.
- 1 Museum Drive | Roslyn, New York 11576
- Arboretum, trails, sculpture garden open daily 9 a.m. to dusk. Indoor exhibition space open 11 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday.
Dr. Davies Farm in Congers stands as a cherished seasonal destination. Visitors can delight in apple picking amid a sprawling orchard featuring diverse apple varieties. Pumpkins are also available for picking, complemented by an engaging corn maze across the farm's 65 acres.
- 306 Route 304 | Congers, New York 10920
- Apple picking open daily 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. until Nov. 9.
- Located at Rockefeller Center
- 600 Fifth Ave. | New York, New York 10020
- Open 12-10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 12-11 p.m. Friday through Saturday.
Cheshire brings a small-town feel while offering surprises and fun for families.
Old Bishop Farm
- 500 S Meriden Road
- Open 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday.
Lock 12 Historical Park
- Located on North Brooksvale Road along the Linear Park
Viron Rondo Osteria
- 1721 Highland Ave.
- Open 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. Sunday.
- 85 Mineola Blvd. | Mineola, New York 11501
Saverio's Authentic Pizza Napoletana
- 929 N Broadway | North Massapequa, New York 11758
- Open 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday, 11:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. Friday/Saturday and 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. Sunday.
- 2048 Hillside Ave. | New Hyde Park, New York 11040
- Open 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. Thursday through Tuesday.
Dough & Co.
- 318 Main St. | Huntington, New York 11743
- Open 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday.
- 54 Pearl St. | New York, New York 10004
In its 19th year, the Jack O'Lantern Blaze displays 7,000 hand-carved pumpkins, each one more creative than the next.
- 525 S Riverside Ave. | Croton-On-Hudson, New York 10520
- Open through Nov. 19.