$2.4M Scarsdale home leveled by gas line rupture

An initial investigation shows a contractor using a backhoe accidentally ruptured a natural gas line, causing an explosion that leveled a $2.4 million Scarsdale home.
Crews were on the scene at Fayette Road Friday, cleaning up the debris left after the brand-new colonial home exploded Thursday.
Around 2:30 p.m. a neighbor smelled gas and called the fire department. When firefighters arrived, they quickly ordered all the contractors out of the home. The house exploded within minutes and fortunately no one was injured in the blast. No other homes were damaged either.The house, which was near completion, was up for sale.
Houseunder construction explodes in Scarsdale