Fire damages Scarsdale home, injures firefighter

A firefighter was injured Friday morning while putting out a blaze at a two-story home in Scarsdale. The flames broke out inside a second-floor bedroom of the house located on Crane Road. Fire officials

News 12 Staff

May 28, 2014, 6:53 PM

Updated 3,653 days ago

Share:

Fire damages Scarsdale home, injures firefighter
A firefighter was injured Friday morning while putting out a blaze at a two-story home in Scarsdale.
The flames broke out inside a second-floor bedroom of the house located on Crane Road. Fire officials say a nanny who was staying there at that time managed to escape unharmed after an automated alarm went off. A passerby then called 911.
Firefighters who arrived at the scene put the blaze out ahead of the snowstorm.
?Fortunately, the fire started before the snow started,? says Scarsdale Fire Chief Thomas Cain. ?The emergency part of the operation over. Now it's a hindrance.?
One firefighter was injured when part of the ceiling collapsed and fell on his head. He also suffered from minor burns and was taken to White Plains Hospital. His injuries do not appear to be life threatening.


More from News 12