Looking to boost your immune system during the winter? Here are healthy tips
Your immune system can help defend you against disease-causing microorganisms!
Akiko Iwasaki, an immune system researcher at Yale University, says anyone looking to boost their immune health during the pandemic should practice habits such as stress management, healthy eating, regular exercise and getting enough sleep.
Harvard Health says your first line of defense is to choose a healthy lifestyle.
Below is a list of healthy ways to strengthen your immune system from Harvard Health:
1. Don't smoke. Click here for tips to help you stop.
2. Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables.
3. Exercise regularly.
4. Maintain a healthy weight.
5. If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
6. Get adequate sleep. Here's a guide on the importance of good sleep and how to get it.
7. Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly. Here are some tips to help you prevent foodborne illnesses.
8. Try to minimize stress.
Read more about boosting your immune system here.