Mets ace Scherzer says he’s fine, on track for next start

The three-time Cy Young Award winner remained on schedule to start Friday night for NL East-leading New York at Miami.

Associated Press

Sep 6, 2022, 1:41 PM

Updated 687 days ago

Share:

Mets ace Scherzer says he’s fine, on track for next start
Mets ace Max Scherzer said he was feeling fine Sunday, a day after he exited after a start after five innings because of fatigue on his left side.
The three-time Cy Young Award winner remained on schedule to start Friday night for NL East-leading New York at Miami.
Scherzer missed almost seven weeks earlier this season with a left oblique injury.
Of this fatigue, Scherzer offered a chuckle.
“It’s kind of like everywhere except the oblique,” he said before the Mets’ 7-1 loss to Washington.
Scherzer came out after 67 pitches Saturday against the Nationals. The 38-year-old righty allowed one run and three hits, striking out five and walking one. He got a no-decision in a game the Mets later lost 7-1.
Scherzer is 9-4 with a 2.26 ERA in 20 starts in his first season with the Mets. He has struck out 153 in 127 2/3 innings.


More from News 12