Noxious odor sickens residents at Orange County nursing home

The Orange County Hazmat team called to the Campbell Hall Rehabilitation Center on Kiernan Road just before 11 p.m.

News 12 Staff

Jun 7, 2022, 9:40 AM

Updated 712 days ago

Share:

An Orange County nursing home had a hazmat scare Monday evening.
The Orange County Hazmat team was called to the Campbell Hall Rehabilitation Center on Kiernan Road just before 11 p.m.
Residents complained there was some kind of noxious odor in the building and some residents started feeling sick.
Goshen fire and ambulance crews had to call in the state fire marshal. Turns out a malfunctioning electrical fixture was causing the problem.
A spokesman for the center says while one wing had to be closed off, it has since reopened.
Some residents of the nursing home were taken to the hospital for evaluation, but it's not clear how many.


More from News 12