Owner of Bay View Club in Haverstraw looks to rebuild after fire destroys eatery
The owner of an eatery on the Haverstraw marina is looking to rebuild after a grease fire destroyed his business.
Flames broke out at the Bay View Club just after 6 p.m. Monday. According to investigators, a grease fire in the restaurant's kitchen was to blame. Owner Tom Scaramellino says when he got the call from one of his workers his heart dropped.
Despite the loss, Scaramellino says he's looking forward to the future and plans to build a new eatery. In a couple of weeks, he will open just a portion of the restaurant to maintain his summer business. Scaramellino plans to have the whole restaurant open by next Memorial Day.