Police: Cornwall High School student hospitalized after ingesting marijuana edible

A Cornwall High School student collapsed in class and was taken to the hospital Friday after authorities say they ingested what appears to be a marijuana brownie.

Blaise Gomez

Oct 31, 2022, 3:18 PM

Updated 571 days ago

Share:

A Cornwall High School student collapsed in class and was taken to the hospital Friday after authorities say they ingested what appears to be a marijuana brownie. 
The district sent a letter home to parents saying the student was taken by ambulance causing a 20-minute "hold in place."
The student’s father reached out to News 12 saying the 17-year-old was unaware they were ingesting a product with drugs and was being treated in the emergency room. 
Police say the exact contents of the edible are not known. 
The Cornwall School District declined to comment on the incident. 


More from News 12