What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's chicken cacciatore
Chef Vinny Olivieri, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make chicken cacciatore.
4 ea. Chicken legs
4 ea. Chicken thighs
I red pepper (cut in large cubes)
I yellow pepper (cut in large cubes)
I orange pepper (cut in large cubes)
1 ea. Onion (cut in large cubes)
2 cups baby Yukon potatoes (halved)
5 garlic cloves (sliced)
1 cup crushed tomatoes
1 cup white wine
1 cup oil
2 tbs capers
2 cups mushrooms (quartered)
1 ½ cup chicken broth
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
2 bay leaves
1 tbs rosemary (chopped)
1 tbs thyme (chopped)
1. In a bowl add chicken and season with salt and pepper
2. In a large sauté pan heat oil and add your chicken skin side down and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Once skin is golden brown flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
4. Once desired color is achieved remove the chicken from pan and set aside.
5. In the same pan add the onion and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent being carful not to burn the garlic.
6. Add the peppers, mushrooms, and capers and sauté for two minutes.
7. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and cook until the smell of wine has dissipated.
8. Add the crushed tomatoes, bay leaves, rosemary, thyme, and potatoes
9. Add the chicken broth and cook for one minute.
10. Add the chicken back to the pan, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are soft and the chicken reaches an internal temp of 165.