Central Hudson responds to home explosion in Wappingers Falls

Central Hudson responded to Thursday's home explosion in Wappingers Falls and updated customers and what they can expect going forward.
President and CEO Christopher M. Capone made a statement Thursday night:
"Our thoughts are with those who were affected by the terrible incident that occurred in Wappingers Falls including the residents who were injured as well as the contractors and first responders at the site.
Central Hudson workers arrived at the location shortly after the report of an explosion to secure the area and turn off natural gas and electricity in the neighborhood.
Electric service has been restored to all customers and nearly all impacted natural gas customers will be restored by the end of the night. For those without service we will work with the Red Cross and Village officials to provide lodging as the temperature is expected to fall below freezing this evening.
We will continue to work with all authorities to make sure there is a complete and thorough investigation into the incident."
This is a developing story. News 12 will continue to provide the latest updates as they become available.