Mamaroneck shares tips on what to do if there is a power outage
Mamaroneck officials are reminding you of what you should do in case there is a power outage.
The village shared a post on Facebook from the State Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services which includes these tips:
- Have a flashlight for every member of the house.
- Stock up on batteries, portable chargers, and generators.
- Keep your phones and other electronics charged before the storm takes off.
- Make a plan for any medical devices you may need to use, as well as your medication.
- Stock up on nonperishable food and water in case you can't use your oven.
The division also urges you to sign up for NY-ALERT so you can receive emergency alerts for your area.