Running to the store for last-minute gifts? Precautions to keep you safe this holiday shopping season
Still need to run to the store for last-minute holiday gifts? Be vigilant when driving and shopping!
Being alert and taking the below precautions from the New York State Police will help keep you safe this holiday shopping season:
1. Shop with a friend or in a group;
2. If shopping alone, don’t be afraid to ask security to escort you to your car;
3. Store purchases in the trunk of your vehicle, under a blanket or out of view;
4. Do not leave valuables in your car;
5. Avoid carrying large amounts of cash and keep your money and credit cards in a front pocket.