What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's cauliflower steaks
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make cauliflower steaks.
- 1 lg head of cauliflower
- 1tbs garlic chopped.
- 1 tbs Italian parsley chopped.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup pecorino
- Remove all the leaves off the cauliflower leaving in the core.
- Cut three one-inch steaks by setting the cauliflower core side down and cutting top to bottom trying to keep each steak intact and set aside.
- In a small bowl add garlic, parsley, oil, salt and pepper.
- Lay cauliflower steak on a papered sheet pan and brush both sides of each steak with the garlic and oil mixture.
- Place the pecorino on to a plate or flat surface and press one side of each steak into the pecorino and place each steak cheese side down on a paper lined sheet pan.
- Roast at 400 deg for 20 minutes or until the steak gets golden brown.
- Let cool slightly and serve cheese side up.