What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's lobster boil
Chef Vinny Olivieri, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make lobster boil.
• 3-1.5lb lobster (cut in half, cleaned, claws cracked)
• 2 lbs extra-large shrimp peeled and deveined
• 24 little neck clams (scrubbed and soaked)
• 1 lb Andouille Sausage (cut into coins)
• 3-4 corn on the cob (cut into thirds).
• 1 lb baby Yukon Gold potatoes (steamed, cut in half)
• 2-3 shallots (rough chop)
• 4-6 cloves of garlic (peeled)
• 2 lemons (cut in half)
• ½ bunch parsley (fine chopped)
• 1 cup white wine
• 2 TBS Old Bay Seasoning
1. Start by scrubbing clams under cold running water. Scrub clams to remove all sand from the shells. Once clams are cleaned, place clams in cold water, enough to cover. Allow clams to purge for 30 minutes, drain water, add ice and set aside until ready to use.
2. Cut lobster in half. Clean out insides. Crack claws with the back of a chef knife.
3. Place all items into a large mixing bowl and toss to ensure all seasonings are evenly distributed.
4. Place contents of bowl into a Full Deep Size Aluminum tray.
5. Cover tray with lid. Make sure cover is closed tightly.
6. Pop holes on lid and place tray into a preheated 350*F oven for 45 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and carefully remove lid. Steam will escape so be careful when removing lid.