What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's spaghetti squash
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make spaghetti squash.
• 1 Spaghetti Squash
• ½ lb 13/15 Shrimp
• 2 cups Marinara
• 1 tbs. Crushed Red Pepper
• 3 tbs. Olive oil
• 4 cloves Garlic (Sliced)
• 4 Basil Leaves
• Salt To Taste
• Black Pepper To Taste
1. Cut Spaghetti Squash lengthwise and remove all seeds.
2. Drizzle one table spoon of olive oil to the cut side of the squash and rub making sure to coat the entire squash.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on a sheet pan cut side down.
4. Place in oven and roast for 25 min. at 350 deg.
5. While the squash is cooking, heat the remaining oil in a sauté pan and add garlic, crushed red pepper and shrimp.
6. Cook until garlic slightly brown and shrimp is fully cooked.
7. Add marinara and heat to a simmer.
8. Remove the squash from the oven, using a spoon gently remove the flesh of the squash and place in a bowl.
9. Add the sauce to the squash and rip the basil leaves and add to the bowl.
10. Mix well and serve.