What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's summer green tomato salad
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make a summer green tomato salad with roasted corn.
4ea. large Green tomatoes
2 ears corn
1 c red onion (thinly sliced)
½ c red wine vinegar
1½ c olive oil
2 tbs salt
1tsp Lemon juice
1. In a small bowl add vinegar, sugar, 1 tbs of salt, red onion and set aside.
2. Place corn on a papered sheet pan, drizzle with a ½ cup oil and a sprinkle of salt.
3. Place corn in a pre-heated oven and cook for 30 mins at 350 deg.
4. Once corn is cooked remove from oven and set aside to let cool.
5. Cut the green tomatoes into bite size pieces and place in a medium mixing bowl.
6. Add the red onion and half of the pickling liquid to the tomatoes.
7. Using a knife carefully remove corn from the cobb and add to the bowl.
8. Add the remainder of the oil and salt and mix well