Fire engulfs Blooming Grove home leaving family of five homeless

Flames and smoke engulfed a two-story home in Blooming Grove Monday leaving a family of five homeless.The quick-moving afternoon fire gutted the house in the Mountain Lodge Park community. No one was home when the fire broke out, but a neighbor spotted flames and called 911. Four fire departments responded to the blaze. The homeowners were too distraught to talk on camera, but they were clearly upset about the loss of their pets, a dog and two cats that were trapped inside. They also said they suspected a space heater in the living room could have caused the blaze.