Fire ravages abandoned Wallkill home

A homeless man may have accidentally sparked a fire Thursday at an abandoned Wallkill house where he was staying, investigators say. Fire officials say the homeless man was first thought to have been

News 12 Staff

May 27, 2014, 9:40 PM

Updated 3,644 days ago

Share:

Fire ravages abandoned Wallkill home
A homeless man may have accidentally sparked a fire Thursday at an abandoned Wallkill house where he was staying, investigators say.
Fire officials say the homeless man was first thought to have been inside the Webb Road home, but the residence turned out to be empty.
The single-story house has been abandoned for years and has a history of minor fires. Firefighters allowed the building to burn down.
Officials say the fire is being investigated as suspicious.


More from News 12